Merrittocracy

And the Grammy goes to...

We're expecting a nasty storm this afternoon. Snow, sleet and freezing rain...a few of my favorite things. Sigh. All of the schools have closed early, so the kids will be home this afternoon early. Kat was supposed to have her concert tonight, but that's obviously a no-go. C'est la vie, my ears will be spared until the rescheduled date. I kid, Kat is not a bad singer. She usually sits next to me during church, and she has a nice singing voice...that is of course compared to me. Chris says that when I sing it sounds like someone beating a bag of cats against a wall. And while harsh, it's totally true. I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Don't you love it though, when you're in the car and you hear a great song on the radio, and you sing along at the top of your lungs? It's one of my absolute favorite things to do. Of course, I crank the radio up to drown out my horrendous voice...but who cares? I say, sing like no one is listening and dance like no one is watching. It's such a freeing thing, kind of like when you were a kid and you'd put your arms out and spin around and around, spinning as fast as you could, being absolutely carefree and feeling completely alive. And if you can hold onto that feeling, your spirit will always be young and beautiful. Or at least that's what I like to think.

That's my random cheesy smushyness for the day.

0 comments: