Merrittocracy

This is what you get when the DayQuil wears off.

Today is day 5 of this cold that is seriously starting to kick my ass. I broke down and took some DayQuil this morning, but I think it's wearing off. At first this was just a chest cold, but now my whole body aches, my sinuses hurt, blah, blah, blah. You'd think that this combined with the ridiculously cold weather would inspire me to quit smoking, but no such luck. Sunday night after our death-defying trip to cheering. Fucking blizzard out and Kat has a mandatory cheering practice...yes, I could've decided she should just miss it, but I value her dedication and want her to know I'm dedicated too...that and I TOTALLY underestimated the severity of the weather until it was too late. Anyway I could hardly move after being so tense for almost 3 hours on the drive home. The windshield wipers were half broken and completely iced up. The snow was piling up so fast, the plow trucks either couldn't keep up or just gave up trying. Either way, I was trying to peer out the windshield to guide Chris enough to keep on the road. I was like, right, a little more, that's good, stay straight...slight curve coming up... it was crazy. We figured between his 10% visibility and my 10% visibility we'd get home in one piece, which we did.

So the other night I'm coughing and coughing and Chris starts giggling. I'm like, what the hell is so funny? He's like, you sound like a goose honking when you cough. I was like, thanks, jackass. I'm fucking suffering from some kind of typhoid fever and you're making FUN of me?! I gave him a good night kiss and rolled over into my fever induced coma. The next morning he was all coughing and rubbing his chest. I was like, are you sick? He goes, yeah, my chest hurts, I think I'm coming down with something. I was like, heh. That's what you get for making fun of your sick wife. Karma baby. Although, since then, I've been feeling a lot worse. Perhaps karma is coming back for me for laughing at Chris being sick...sigh.

0 comments: