Merrittocracy

Writer's block and inappropriate text messages

I've been sitting here looking at a blank screen for no less than 10 minutes. Mind is a total blank. I texted Chris and told him I was drawing a blank on the blog. His response? Write about me! I'm full of material! See, that's just not helpful. Our conversations today were about things like, why being a drug addict isn't all bad as long as you don't die, how good drugs are as good if not better than sex, and fisting (don't ask, I'm not telling. But for the record I TOTALLY didn't know what that was.) All were hilarious conversations via text message, but grossly inappropriate for...well, for just about anyone. So I told him that he's no help. So he texts back, unless you want to write about the four horsemen of the apocalypse and the seven seals! My response: lol, no. His response: meh.

Anyway, since Chris was zero help, I looked for inspiration online. I found this blog, called The One-Minute Writer, it's pretty cool. Every day it gives you a topic to write about, encourages you to spend a minute everyday writing, etc. So I think I'm going to try it. It certainly can't hurt, and maybe if I get used to writing every day I won't get so stuck for ideas. And maybe by the time I'm 60 I'll have the guts to submit something for publication.

0 comments: