Merrittocracy

Sweet dreams are made of this

I've been so exhausted the past couple of weeks. I haven't been sleeping well, and I haven't been getting nearly enough. I've also been having weird dreams. A couple weeks ago I dreamt that the world had been taken over by space aliens, and all of humanity had been forced to work in these Nazi-like prison camps. Most people had been completely brain-washed, only a few people were left with their sanity. And I kept seeing my children walk by like drones, the didn't know me, and they kept using heavy farm equipment. I kept calling out to them, but they just looked past me, like they didn't know me.

Then a couple of nights ago, I had a similar dream, only the kids were safe, they'd been taken by some alien refugee-fighter people, and Chris and I were left to escape the compound alone. And Chris and I had almost escaped when I remembered that I forgot a red bucket of paint, and I HAD to have this red bucket of paint, so I went back for it, and they captured us again.

Then last night, I dreamt that Chris were going to rescue the kids, and I stole an 18-wheeler and a shotgun, and I shot the hell out of the aliens, only to be captured by the chief mama alien who had a thing for Chris. The kids were set free and were happy and safe. But my punishment was to be locked in a room forever with Chris while I watched him go crazy.

I don't know why I keep dreaming about aliens, but I'm wondering if I should try to start interpreting my dreams. Like maybe the aliens are a metaphor for society and I don't want to be a drone, and I'm afraid of losing my kids to the evils of society. And maybe I'm a little afraid of farm equipment. Maybe the compound Chris and I are trying to escape is this town, and maybe we're going to fight over this house stuff so much that we'll end up staying here. And maybe the only solution is to steal an 18-wheeler and start blowing shit up. Probably not, but I don't see a metaphor for that. But maybe Chris is really the crazy one, not me. Or maybe in the end it'll be just me and Chris, and a crazy space alien. Or maybe I just need more sleep.
blog comments powered by Disqus